Wow, what a vacation! I spent 3 days of my Chinese New Year in one of the most beautiful mountain sides in China! I went with my friend Kelly and about 25 others to Suichang County on a 6 hour bus ride out of Shanghai on an unforgettable adventure! It rained, it was sunny, it was 60 degrees and wonderful. To tell you the truth, the first day it poured down rain, but we still managed to have fun. I would love to say I have the care and energy to put all of these photos in order, but I took over 200 photos while I was there.
Let me give you all a run down of the trip, so you have a better idea of what went on over the course of the 3 days!
Day 1: We spent the first half of the day taking a 7 am bus for 6 hours in the rain. We stopped at various rest stops on the way. Once we got to Suichang, we went to get lunch at a local restaurant. It is safe to say, all of the food we had over the course of this trip was soooo good!! I wish I took more pictures of it, but I cannot exaggerate this, it was delicious. As I am writing this, I'm searching my wechat to add in more photos of the food that my trip mates posted! After that we went to our hotel because it was raining. We settled in and eventually met up with the others on the trip. We played an intense few games of ping pong over the course of the night and enjoyed a cool bonfire! We drank, ate, and enjoyed each other's company!
Day 2: We woke up tired after the long day, missed breakfast. The rain had cleared for our real adventures to start! We took a lovely walk through the local tea gardens and town. We met and spoke with some of the locals who were celebrating the Chinese New Year. We took some pictures around the town and tea gardens, which you can see below! After the walk, we returned to our hotel to make dumplings (I missed this part) and write chinese couplets. You can see my writing below! We also learned how to grind tofu! We met with the local governor and even took a picture with him! After lunch we traveled to Nanjianyan for a mountain hike. This is where all the pictures of the glass bridge where taken! It was a 300m long glass bridge (328 yds, about 3 football fields!) We then hiked around the mountain, the route is pictured below. I was so exhausted from this hike, but boy was it worth it. One of my trip advisors said to me, "We climb mountains in the first few days of Chinese New Year, so that the rest of the year's problems seem smaller." A lot has happened in these past days, but I think her words still ring true to me upon reflection. After the hike, we went back to the hotel to eat a very well deserved dinner. After did we took a trip to the hot springs. Some of you have already seen the pictures, added some below as well! We came back and rested for the next day.
Day 3: We woke up tired of course, managed to get breakfast this time! The rain came back as we drove to our next site. We took a 50 minute bus ride to the Thousand Buddha Mountain after checking out of our hotel. We traveled up the winding scenery and gazed upon a beautiful temple (built in 2006). It was quite the adventure. We had laughs, serious, and breathtaking moments. After our adventure, we climbed back down to the bus! Once back on the bus, we went go lunch. Again, amazing food! After this we all got back on the bus and traveled back to Shanghai. 6 hours later after laughing and sleeping on the bus, we all reached Shanghai. It was bitter cold once we got back. It was in the 30s degrees and really jarring after being in the 60s for the past 3 days.
It was an amazing adventure and I can't wait for the next one! So here is a mashup of all my photos over the course of the 3 days! It was so beautiful there!! Please enjoy~!
 |
| Hotspring Adventure! |
 |
| Hot Spring with Kelly! |
 |
| Pool of fish that my hotel catches and then cooks! |
 |
| Making Tofu! |


 |
| Hiking route for Nanjianyan Mountain! (Day 2) |
 |
| In the hotspring |
 |
| In the hotsprings |
 |
| Kelly and our bestie group from the trip! XO and "Mario with the D" :P |
 |
| Picture with the local governor of the town! |
 |
| Bonfire the first night! |
 |
| Our favorite little girl on the trip! She was so cute!! She was with us the whole way! |
Like I said above, this trip was amazing! It was just the break I needed before I came back to work on Saturday. Now that I'm back to work this trip feels so far away. I cannot believe I spent three days in such an amazing place. I look forward to my next trip! Hope to post again soon! Looking forward to Spring~!
No comments:
Post a Comment