I know, I know, I've neglected my blogging duties for too long. Don't be too harsh on me, okay? I've been pretty immersed with work and keeping healthy with the bad weather here. Don't worry though, as the weather is clearing up and my adventures continue, here we are again!
It's been an amazing first month of the New Year. I have survived 5 months in China and still have 7 more to go! It feels like this time has passed so fast! It would be an understatement to say I haven't missed everyone of you. Some of you, I've shared this with on multiple occasions. Even if I haven't, thank you for the warm wishes and letters I received over the past holidays! I have saved all of the letters I've received it means a lot!!
So you may ask, CeCe, what have you been doing for the past several months!! My last post was in November. Oops, a lot has been happening! I passed my probation at work at the end of October. I am moving to take a few tests at the end of February to move up in rank and become a specialist! I am not sure what type yet, but when I know so will you. I've got to pass the tests first. Outside of that I've been throwing myself into work and dodging the cold weather. It hasn't gotten too cold here, but still a bit crisp. The air quality hasn't been the worst ever, but not the best either. We are preparing to transition some teachers out of center for their journeys home so we are also preparing for new coworkers. Exciting right?!
Outside of this, I've been doing some minor exploring of Shanghai. Planning some trips, one I will have to talk about in much more detail later. Only a few people know about it, but soon I will reveal!! But first, next week is Chinese New Year. We get the week off, so a friend and I are taking a 3 day trip out of the city to Suichang County for an awesome trip. It's about 6 hours out of the city in the beautiful mountainside. Nice scenery change from the city! I will post a blog about it after I've complied pictures once I get back. Looking forward to sharing more about my other trip soon! I'm nearly done planning it.
Until then, please enjoy my pictures from traveling around Shanghai with friends! I visited the Jade Temple for the 2nd time! My last visit was in 2016, they did some minor renovations since I was last here. I've explored some more food places. Found amazing reminders of home! It's been a journey.
Please enjoy~!
 |
| Temple Cherry Blossoms |
 |
| Dragon sphere outside of the Science and Technology Museum |
 |
| Candy Art |
 |
| There were more than real fossils at the Natural History Museum! Almost as ancient as the dinosaurs! |
 |
| My friend and I at a planetarium showing! |
Some things never change, I'm still obsessed with the stars!
 |
| I shot some archery at the museum as well! |
 |
| Celebrating year of the Pig! |
 |
| Closest thing to an NYC hotdog since I've been here. |
 |
| Mint Chocolate Chip milkshake! |
 |
| Cool plaza in the middle of the city, W. Nanjing Rd. |
 |
| One of my amazing coworkers made me these banners while at our Chinese New Year Party! Thank you Rachel, though you will never see this. You've made my travels in China an absolute blast so far! |
 |
| Jade Buddha Temple |
 |
| More Temple |
 |
| Even more temple! |
 |
| Neat bonsai inside of the temple |
 |
| Spring is still loading! |
 |
| Peaceful scene inside of the temple |
 |
| Banquet hall inside temple grounds |
All in all, it is safe to say, the beginning of 2019 has been a blast! I love my classes and am finding new ways to explore Shanghai. It's been a stressful few months, but I am excited for what the future holds. Here's the year of the pig and 2019!
I LOVE the straight hair! The pictures are great. I can't wait to hear about the mini vacation.
ReplyDelete