Hey everyone! Figured I would update my blog since it has been awhile! It has been quite busy around here and my vpn service has down due to the international exports and general messy time with the internet! I should be up and running for a little!
I wanted to share my past few weeks in a quite blurb! Between my Shanghai Disneyland trip (posted on facebook because the sheer number of photos would make a blog post impossible!) and working 5 days a week. I find my off days to be relaxing and a time to recoup before spending my week with children and parents teaching English.
Over the past few weeks, I was apart of a Team Building function at work that took us to this awesome orange farm in Chongming Island! It was a blast we got to pick oranges too! Please enjoy my pictures...

After walking around awhile, we got to learn how to make local dumplings. These are not pictured due to where I was sitting! However, please enjoy some of the other yummy food I got to eat. All of the food was from the farm we visited! We had everything from daikon radish to lamb!

![]() |
| They had mini crabs with these type of rice noodle called Niangao! They are just glutinous rice pounded together. Really easy to dress up with pretty much anything! |
Below are some pictures of me picking oranges and the groves!


![]() |
| We had to do a scavenger hunt for part of our team building! Our team won!! |
Here are some leftover pictures of me from our school Halloween party for the kids!
I met this wonderful woman when I went to Shanghai Disneyland! She spoke Chinese with me and was all around very sweet! I added her on wechat and she talks with me every so often to check in about my studies and work!
Lastly, I made breakfast for my center again! I kept the tradition of pancakes! Maybe next time I will branch out and buy something or cook something else! We will see :)All in all, my experiences have been pretty amazing so far! I am getting more confidence with teaching and being in China I cannot believe it's been nearly 3 months since I've been in China!! I will have more adventures to explore despite it has been getting a little colder! Still not cold enough to put on a jacket, but slowly moving into putting on long sleeve shirts! I look forward to more adventures and letting you all live life through my posts! Until next time!!
























No comments:
Post a Comment