Hey everyone! I am sticking to true irony on this one. I haven't posted in awhile, but I'm going to deliver with a flurry of posts from the past few months. Firstly, as of Feb 22nd, I moved into my new apartment. Please check out of the pictures below of my new solo apartment.
As you can see, from my previous apartment post, I've upgraded quite a bit. Now, I share this lovely apartment with me, myself, and I. I had a housewarming party back in March to celebrate the change of scenery. Realistically, I only moved about 4 blocks. Still very close to my center.
 |
| I've been getting my nails done pretty often here and have been pretty impressed with the quality of work for the prices. |
 |
| I have this little buddy on my desk now as a pleasant reminder of home. Crabby has got my back. |
 |
| The pearl tower all lit up for Earth Hour |
 |
| Work event in Pudong I had the pleasure of working with. |
After various events and timeless amounts of work and changes around the office. I finally got to settle back into a normal routine for a little. My onboarding friend Tahira brought me back some goodies from America! I greatly appreciate these bundles of heaven. Not pictured is a bag of coveted microwaveable popcorn.
Finally, the time has come to show off my Mom's visit to Shanghai. She and her lovely companions (Cathy, George, and Laura) all came to China for roughly a two weeks visit. They've detailed their own trips on Facebook by now so I am going to stick with when they met me in Shanghai!
 |
| Lovely view of the bund outside of our hotel |
 |
| My mom and Laura! |
 |
| The three of us! |
The breakfast in this hotel, The Hyatt on the Bund, was to die for!
We went up to the top floors of the SWFC (Shanghai World Financial Center)
 |
| We were seated waiting for the Hangzhou West Lake Impression show! |
 |
| Cathy and I! |
The next day, we set off for Suzhou! We visited the Lingering Gardens and a small river town in the area filled with shops and beautiful scenery. Our guide Michael was showing us around the whole time!
 |
| My mom and I. |
 |
| Laura and I. |
 |
| Cathy and I. |
 |
| Our tour guide Michael and I |
 |
| Starbucks Coffee in Chinese |
All in all. it was an amazing visit, I was sad to see them go. It's been nearly a month since their visit! I miss them dearly and all of the adventures we had. Looking forward to planning a trip home thanks to all of the visiting and reminders! Hope to keep up to date more soon. Got a few more posts to make this week to catch up. All of this happened between Feb and the middle of April! More to come.
OMG!!!! fantastic blog and update sweetie. Loved all of your comments. Such a funny and descriptive writer. I think you have another career path if you want to write for a travel magazine. LOV
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOU, mommy