Friday, October 5, 2018

Mid Autumn Festival and Ew...

The first part of my Golden Week started with a Monday off for Mid-Autumn Festival. Just a chill day at the beginning of the week. I ate, chilled and caught up on some work planning.

The Beloved JianBing!

A Mooncake made by one of my coworkers, I already took a bite, it was yummy!
My apartment complex decorated for Mid Autumn Festival. It was nice to see the banners and cheer from my neighbors! I also bought a long cat from a body pillow! One of my coworkers happily wanted a picture with it!

I have had a series of dinners and chill sessions with one of my co-workers, Kelly. Here is another one of our meetings after work at a sushi place!


Shrimp/Prawns 
and Sushi! 
Hallie, college friend from F&M, better known as Salty to me, gave me an amazing coloring book before I left with phrases such as this. I have found them very great in varying times. I like coloring when I'm stressed or bored.
Another day, I went to go pick up my passport from my work's HQ. I am officially legal to work in China and live here! Woohoo! Kind of hard to turn back now! I had some dinner with my onboarding friend. Here is the food and a funny menu item I saw. "Ahhhhhhhh..."
While I did not order the "Ahhhhhh..." drink, I have found it tempting to go back and replay my first few weeks in China and caption it with that drink. I had roast chicken with some potatoes and tomatoes! 














Not so pleasantly, I ended my day with finding a cockroach in my bathroom. I am happy to report that the 2nd picture is of it dead smashed to bits. I then invested in some cockroach traps and some raid. I also cleaned both my bathroom, kitchen, and laundry room out of paranoia. I had my bedroom cleaned a week ago, so I am sure it is okay. 



Sorry to end it on a weird note, I promise the next one should be better!!! Sorry for the gross bugs. I'm being immaculately clean as best as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment