I had this amazing curry with really neat containers from a restaurant named WaSteak. I've been getting into the habit of also cooking myself breakfast!

I made myself some Ice Tea from the tea I purchased back in the US from DC! It is delicious, I added a little bit of honey for sweetener while it was still hot!
I went on an small adventure and went to visit a small garden and a Indian market called Bhoomi with my friend from South Africa! I wanted to show pictures of the garden since it was pretty!

My next adventure was the following day at around 4:30 pm! I hopped onto a train after braving the windy weather, quite nice after the 89% humidity of the previous few weeks! I went into Shanghai proper to visit the Shanghai World Finance Center and a special exhibit there!

Please enjoy the view, I certainly did!

Once I got to Financial Center, I began to tour the amazing halls of Studio Ghibli brought to China! It was an amazing exhibit. I was not technically supposed to take a few of these photos, so please enjoy the ones I managed to get.
Little tree spotlight. I thought I'd take a good picture here. I tried :P
Little house owned by the family in My Neighbor Totoro!!!
More fun from My Neighbor Totoro
The house where my love for Studio Ghibli began! Such a cool sight to see all the amazing detail put into it! Also please enjoy this adorable little girl by the house!
There were two Totoros! The picture on the left was a person in a suit, while the picture on the right was a nice little place to take pictures with the whole trio from the movie! I could not pass up the opportunity!

A big hug from Totoro!
Cat bus!! I still have probably two stuffed animals of this beauty! Here I am inside of its plush interior. ![]() |
| Yes... I was trying to hum the theme from the movie. Yes it was amazing! |
![]() |
| CATBUS!!!! |
A long way up to say the least!
![]() |
| The poster out by the observation tower, it had all of the movies!! |
![]() |
| The ticket that gave me the world! |

A miniature version of Shanghai, complete with mini replica of Laputa Castle in the Sky!! Amazing!

The miniature city even had a light show behind it for night time! It looks so real!
![]() |
| An amazing replica from the movie!!! Studio Ghibli's mechanism is amazing!!! The oars moved!! As did the side propellers!! |


Chilling with the pig himself!
What follows are some of the amazing mechanics and drawings that filled my childhood with wonder and amazement!


![]() |

Shanghai City at Night from floor 94 of the center! ->
Time to go home, but had to take a night photo with the pearl :D

On my walk back to the train station to get to my apartment! I had about a 45 minute commute back to my apartment. I made it safe and sound! It is safe to say I had an amazing time these last few days!
Here's my loot from my trip to the Shanghai World Center and the World of Ghibli Exhibit!

I got 3 postcards, 4 collectible Totoro stamps, a pen, a Kiki's delivery service jigsaw puzzle, a Shanghai panda bottle opener/fridge magnet, nifty Totoro shirt, and a shanghai panda coaster!
I had a wonderful time relaxing for my week break! I am so glad I spent my last two days enjoying the sights and seeing something that I have always cherished as a kid! I look forward to more adventures in the coming days! Here's to another day in China successfully finished!








































No comments:
Post a Comment