Saturday, September 22, 2018

Center Adjustment and Food!!

Hey everyone~! Here's to hoping to more often posts! I can't always be doing something interesting! Today marks the end of my 1st month in China!! I can't believe it's been a month. So much has happened: good, bad, and otherwise! I am excited to share more of my adventures!! 
I wanted to post a few pictures of birthday package I got from my mom loaded with goodies. Had to pay some import tax on the stuff despite it being a gift :( 




Thanks again Mom for the awesome package! I look forward to wearing my onesie for Halloween again! All the this candy will keep me for awhile and the popcorn! The itch cream is very welcome thanks to all the mosquitos! 

Here's of a picture of the nails I got done for my birthday! So expensive, probably the last time I get my nails done for awhile until I find a cheaper place! 

I've had a lot of food recently so here are some of my noms! I've been a noodle soup mood. Lots of mushrooms! 



Last but not least, I know a lot of people have been asking about my work so I wanted to do an in depth final part of this post devoted to it! 
I have officially made my center's wall of teachers! I am a recognized teacher! We had to write a quick blurb about ourselves, what our teaching experience has been, and excitement about being in China! 
Despite my name being Carolyn, mostly everyone calls me Teacher CeCe! I so far have 3 classes of my own soon to be 2 more as of Sunday! I am teaching ages 3-14! :) If I ever take a group picture with my students I will be sure to share it!! They are so cute and mostly fun to be around! :P 



Here is my "quick" blurb!

This trip so far has been filled with emotions that I haven't felt in such a long time, but like my advice says, " Always do what you are afraid to do." I am so glad I have taken this leap of faith to China and can't wait to continue my journey each day! I am afraid and excited to begin each day and that's what makes it fun sometimes! What's life without a little adventure! ;) 

On the morning of my 1st month in China, I cooked breakfast for my team of amazing co-teachers and center management! Please enjoy the sight of my cooking and my ability to share some American culture with my local teachers!!
They look really burnt but it's actually whole wheat batter lol. Makes them darker than they actually are. I made chocolate chip, blueberry, and regular pancakes with eggs! Unfortunately not many people got to try them because parents came and are them all :( Hopefully more of my coworkers get to try some next time!!!

That's all for now! :)







2 comments:

  1. Love the way you describe your adventures. You should be a welcome addition to China

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you haha. I don't know who this is from because they posted as me :p

    ReplyDelete