Friday, August 24, 2018

Luggage and the First Few Days

Night 0: 
After Flight
We drove back from Pudong pretty late at night. I was with one other teacher and once we got back all I wanted to do was locate my luggage. I was worried! Eventually I got to sleep around 3 am the first night. 

Day 1 (THURSDAY): I got up around 6:45 to shower and eat breakfast before our day started at 8 am. We went to our HQ in Shanghai and spent the better part of the day signing contracts and viewing the city and eating! I was exhausted by the time I got back to the hotel! I've met so many of the people I am with and they all have been so awesome during my luggage fiasco. I ate some amazing food, pictures below! 
After just showering and wearing the same clothes for a few days, I look a little tired.

A homemade yogurt by the staff at HQ, I added a lot of cinnamon. 


A whole chicken dish, tofu, tomatoes and eggs, pork and veggies, and so much more! 



Day 2 (FRIDAY): After spending another night up till 3 am stressing about my bags, I finally got 3 more hours of sleep. I woke up for breakfast and showered again. No luggage yet. We had to meet up at our HQ to set up our bank accounts today and then proceeded to meet our center groups. We each get assigned to a center throughout Shanghai. I was assigned to one of the many schools in the Minhang District! I met my fellow teachers today. I was pleasantly surprised by most of the people, but found myself a little confused when people tried to use slang with me that I really didn't follow. I guess they assumed something about my minority that I just don't subscribe to. Oh well! Overall, it was an interesting day. I rode my first metro ride alone for about 13 stops from my center back to my hotel! It was a great trip and tomorrow I am going to start apartment hunting! I have my luggage now and I am so happy!!!! I can rest peacefully tonight!

Eggplant and rice, a little spicy, but very delicious!
That's all for today!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment